Massage has a huge number of benefits to all the systems of the body. By massaging and releasing tension in the muscles there is a ripple effect to all the other systems of the body. It brings about a deep sense of relaxation and helps improve your circulation allowing your body to repair and renew.
Our massage therapists are experienced and knowledgeable when it comes to the structure of your body and the common bad habits the muscles get into when you have long-standing back or joint problems. They will communicate with our team of chiropractors and osteopaths to provide care specific to your needs.
We offer both sports and relaxation massages at the clinic. Sports massage is a deep and invigorating massage that works to relax tight and stressed muscles. This works well for patients who are attending for chiropractic or osteopathic care, and for those who exercise regularly. Our massage therapists will ask for your feedback and will tailor the depth and comfort level of the sports massage to your requirements. If you are stressed or anxious, having a relaxation massage is a wonderful way to unwind and also improve your health. They may also be recommended as they are shorter in duration and ideal for working on specific areas as an introduction to massage.
With regular massage, people reach higher levels of performance, recover more quickly from injury, enjoy greater fitness, are better able to adapt to stress, and are empowered to know they are adding to their long-term health and quality of life
- Reduce stress and muscle tension
- Prevent and relieve muscle cramps and spasms
- Increase muscle flexibility
- Promote faster healing of strained muscles
- Relieve tired and aching muscles
- Increase joint range of motion
- Massage therapy in combination with chiropractic/osteopathic care can also help with pain management in many joint and nerve conditions such as arthritis, sciatica, and muscle spasm.